Provides respiratory protection against low levels of fine dusts and mists (FFP1).
The 3M 8812 respirator provides lightweight, effective, comfortable and hygienic respiratory protection against dusts. The convex shape, twin strap design, foam nose seal and steel nose clip ensure a good face seal over a range of face sizes. The unique valve and collapse resistant shell offer durable, comfortable protection particularly in hot and humid conditions. The 3M 8812 is exempt from costly time consuming maintenance requirements.
- 3M Cool Flow valve reduces heat build up to offer comfortable protection, particularly in hot and humid conditions.
- Reliable, effective protection against fine particulates.
- Durable collapse resistant inner shell.
- Excellent fit over a wide range of face sizes provided by convex shape, nose clip and twin-strap design.
- Comfortable, light weight off-the-face design.
- Yellow colour coded straps denoting FFP1 protection level.
The product has been tested to the European Norm EN149: 2001 and has met the requirements of category FFP1in this standard. The main performance tests in this standard are:
- Filter Penetration
- Total Inward Leakage
- Breathing Resistance
The 8812 offers an Assigned Protection Factor of 4 (Nominal Protection Factor of 4); i.e., it can be used in atmospheres containing up to 4 times the Workplace Exposure Limit (WEL) of particulate contaminant as specified in the Health & Safety Executive Guidance note EH40.